What is Reiki?
Reiki is a healing method that uses universal guided life force energy. Energy flows within us and all around us. All forms of matter vibrate with energy. Reiki is a safe and gentle form of natural healing dating back thousands of years. There are a wide range of benefits of reiki such as: self-empowerment, releasing stress & anxiety, strengthens body & spirit, resolves blockages, relaxes tense muscles, releases toxins, brings in peace and tranquility, increases creativity, compliments other healing techniques, always works for the highest good, facilitates the healing process, helps to cleanse/clear/open and balance the aura and chakras.
Reiki is a powerful energy healing modality which does not conflict with other health care, but enhances its results. It does not interfere with traditional medical treatment, but facilitates benefits. Reiki speeds up the healing process and is a source of restoring energy, where one is ill, or in recover, or under medical treatment.
Reiki Master Practitioner in TorontoEnergy With Julie Offers a Unique and Enhanced Reiki Experience
Meet your guide and energy healer! Julie is a certified reiki master and teacher. Learn more about Julie.
At the beginning of the session, Julie offers clients a free 10 minute consultation with a ceremonial cacao. Cacao is our sacred earth medicine that carries many healing benefits. It opens your heart, the gateway to hear your inner spirit and wisdom. It helps the body heal, detoxify, and to give your immune system a good boost! The experience of raw chocolate within a cacao ceremony can also assist in energetic healing and gaining clarity in the areas of love, purpose, intuitive abilities, career and personal growth. You will experience the world of meditation at a higher spiritual level, bringing peace to your mind and soul.
Our reiki sessions start out and end with a sound bath meditation using our alchemy crystal singing bowls to help you relax into the treatment and to release stuck emotions and trauma. Our sessions also consist of your choice of aromatherapy to use during the guided breathwork you’ll be taken through, to help open up the chakras and calm the nervous system for the healing to begin. Julie also uses crystal therapy in and around the body to amplify the energy healing treatment.
"Relax, Be Open to Receive"
I will take care of the rest! ~Julie
FAQs for Reiki
Try to schedule your appointment where you’ll have the rest of the day or night to relax or sleep.
Arrive with an open mind and open heart, but come as you are. Dress comfortably in clothes you feel relaxed in. Wearing layers you can add or remove during the session is recommended, as well as removing belts, jewelry and other bulky items prior to starting the session. If you are coming from work, feel free to bring a change of clothes.
If you wish to prepare since reiki is a spiritual practice, you can tune into how you are feeling mentally, emotionally, and physically. It is always good to come in with an idea of what you would like to release, as well as setting an intention for yourself on what you wish to get from the treatment. If you come in just wanting to wing it and flow with it, that’s totally fine too!
Before your session starts, ensure to put your phone on silent or airplane mode to avoid being disturbed. Use the washroom before if you have to pee so you can truly relax.
Release, relax, lie back, close your eyes, and be open to receive healing effects of your treatment.
Reiki is a light touch or no touch healing practice. It involves the application of universal life energy through the palms of the practitioner’s hands to the client’s body, through a sequence of hand postures from the head down to the feet. Reiki enhances the body’s innate ability to heal and intends the force of chi energy to support the client’s desire to be well, and aligned with their highest self. Reiki is an excellent complement to existing treatment plans and services, not a replacement.
You will lay fully clothed in a comfortable laying down position to relax and receive the energy. A session typically lasts 45-60 minutes and in addition to a 10-15-minute debriefing. Julie keeps blankets on the treatment table to keep you warm and pillows for your head and and for lift under your knees.
Following the treatment is a one-on-one verbal debriefing of the experience of each person’s perspective. People profess a wide range of experiences and it is highly recommended that the receiver demonstrate and detach from desired outcomes or expectations of the reiki experience in order to be truly present with the healing process.
With all energy related healing, it is best to be consistent as it is key for transformation and is highly recommended to book at least four reiki sessions within the time frame your practitioner suggests to really see the progress and change you are looking for.
*All session information is kept completely confidential.
The reiki experience can be difference for everyone. One’s experiences are a part of their healing process and sometimes the most challenging releases are the most uncomfortable.
Some experiences one my have during a reiki session include:
- Feeling weightlessness, flying, or out-of-body
- Seeing colours or symbols
- Emotional releases of anger, fear, grief, sadness, or self-loathing
- Complete relaxation, some may fall asleep or dream
- Temperature fluctuations, heat or cold
- Sensations such a vibrations, tingling, feeling like something is draining or being “pulled out”
- Being energized, more alert, engaged and clear
- Remembering an old trauma, experience, or conversation that demonstrates a relationship with current trials/events
- Having a sense of alignment with one’s higher self and higher purpose
- Meeting one’s guides, angels, ancestors or animal totems
Reiki is not a massage or reflexology. The treatment is a deeply relaxing experience that balances the mind, harmonizes the spirit, and provides comfort.
Following the treatment, Julie likes to check in with clients the next day to see how they are feeling. She also leaves the communication open for any questions or concerns prior to the next day check-in. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to share them during the following-up text or email.
We like to remind our clients that within 24 hours of the treatment as the detoxification process is triggered, emotions may surface and that’s completely normal. Our advice is to not judge yourself and allow these emotions to process as they are meant to be released, and be gentle with yourself, honouring all of these parts…like the good old saying goes, “better out than in”.
Over the next couple of days after a session, the healing energies will continue to work.
Some simple things you can do after the session to ensure you receive the most benefits, and that energies continue at their highest vibration are:
- Drink lots of water! 1-2 glasses of water after your session is recommended. With energy work, it is best to stay extra hydrated for a few days, as it helps the detoxification process and to flush out any residual old energies, and supports the healing energies to continue. Try not to drink a lot of alcohol or caffeine – as reiki cleanses, balances and heals – we don’t want to dull our senses or energies. Cold-pressed juices and herbal teas are both nourishing and delicious!
- Rest and relax. Your immune system is being strengthened and your body is finding balance. Set aside some quiet time to integrate what may arise, even if it’s 20 minutes to meditate or lie down, take a nap, or go for a walk in nature. Be kind to yourself, and take it easy. Try not to book anything high-intensity immediately following your reiki session. Disconnecting from technology/your phone will help your nervous system to decompress and relax.
- Eat nourishing foods. Plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Energy work can be hungry work so listen to your body, and choose a healthy snack or meal afterward if needed. Eating good foods can help ground the body. You may find a piece of dark chocolate tastes very good after energy work. Try to avoid processed food and refined sugars which may make you feel sluggish and heavy.
- Reflect and let your emotions flow. This might be a good time to journal or draw, to capture any thoughts, messages, or insights you’ve had during the reiki experience. Allow yourself to freely feel, without repressing emotions and without judging them as good or bad, as you will allow healing at a deeper level. Some people may find they want to cry after a reiki session, so cry! This might be the best thing you can do. Let it all out! If you feel like laughing, please do! After the session, this might be your system’s natural way of finding balance.
Reiki healing is pure energy form. When it is combined with the sincere desire of the recipient, who is willing to initiate a cleansing within their emotional and spiritual consciousness, a total healing can occur. Reiki is holistic. It works on the body, mind, and spirit by stimulating a person’s own natural healing abilities. The blocked emotional and physical elements that lead to illness and disease are cleared. Reiki is neither positive nor negative. It is in fact, the highest and most profound vibration of life. Divine in origin, it allows us to become one with all things alive in our world. Reiki is pure unconditional love and joy, bringing all who experience and embrace its principles together in harmony. It is just as effective over a distance, as it is in person.
When the mind, body, and spirit are in harmony, the biological intelligence that governs the body’s resources and allows it to heal itself and function correctly are intensified. Reiki is the key that unlocks the body’s optimum capabilities.
There are seven main energy centres in the body that control the flow of the universal life force, called the chakras. Each chakra is responsible for supplying energy to specific parts of the body. When our chakras are blocked or clogged, the body becomes sick and the flow of energy is diluted.
A full reiki treatment re-opens the chakras and re-balances the flow of the universal life force around the body. One will normally need four full treatments on four consecutive days to boost the flow of reiki energy. This will stimulate the body’s immune system and natural healing abilities. Normally the body will begin by cleansing itself of toxins. As the poisons are removed, the body becomes re-balanced and the healing process can begin.
Regular contact with reiki will bring the recipient’s mind, body, and spirit into balance. It will also help prevent future creation of illness and disease.
The Reiki practitioner plays an instrumental part in transformation and healing, and yet ultimately it is up to the client to manifest harmony and balance in their life.
Reiki is linked to many physical and emotional health benefits:
- Accelerates the body’s natural healing abilities
- Boosts mood and promotes relaxation
- Treats depression
- Relieves pain, anxiety and fatigue
- Aids in better sleep
- Supports the immune system
- Removes energy blockages
- Assists the body in detoxing
- Increases vitality and energy levels
- Adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system, bringing the body into balance and harmony
- Releases patterns that bring down your vibration
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
- Raises awareness and consciousness
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
- Balances the mind, body, and soul
- Improves overall wellness and happiness
Reiki is available for everyone and anyone who wants to change where they are, and to feel better in mind, body, and soul and to want to alter their state of existence. For easing anxiety, reiki can help before traveling, before a big interview, or anything that causes stress or concern.
Children can also benefit from reiki treatment. Reiki can also be shared with animals, plants, and life situations.
**Please note, those who have a heart pacemaker cannot receive a reiki treatment.
Energy With Julie uses multiple modalities as a form of alternative energy healing. Alternative energy healing is not a substitute for medical or psychiatric advice or treatment; it is only part of a well-rounded approach to a balanced living. Energy With Julie is not licensed in the medical field and doesn’t diagnose or prescribe any medications for any conditions, nor do we diagnose, treat, or cure any medical conditions. Energy With Julie should not be used as a substitute for medical care and advice from your physician. Please contact a qualified, licensed physician for any illness or disease.
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY:
Once your appointment is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with the required forms and all the details you need to know for your upcoming session.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a firm 24-hour cancellation policy in effect for all services provided. You may cancel or reschedule your appointment via email or phone up to 24 hours prior to your booked appointment time. A charge of 50% of the treatment fee applies if cancellation notice is not provided within 24 hours. Payments are non-refundable but appointments can be rescheduled, subject to availability.
PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED:
Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Cash, Apple Pay, e-Transfer. All fees are subject to HST tax.